The King Fahd University of Petroleum and minerals scholarship is open and inviting applicants from all over the world for fully funded full-time Ph.D. and M.Sc students with high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Science, and Business.
The King Fahd University scholarship is opened twice every year, this gives interested candidates a higher chance of getting their turn at the University for Masters and Ph.D. programs to study. In this article, you will everything about the KFUPM and how to apply for it
Table of Contents
About King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals
The KFUPM is Saudi Arabia’s most reputable research institution founded by a royal decree of King Fahd in 1963. This University is rated among the top five [ fourth ] among the first 100 universities granted US Utility Patents in 2018.
The university has a strong collaborative partnership in conducting innovative research with some of the world’s top Innovative Research Institutes. These institutions include:
- MIT – Clean Water And Clean Energy Researches.
- Stanford – Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- California Institute Of Technology – PetroChemicals and Polymers.
- The Technical University Of Munich – Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University – Oil And Gas.
- Georgia Institute Of Technology [ Georgia Tech ] – Geo-Signal Processing and Smart grids.
- National University of Singapore – Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST – Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences
- Saudi Aramco [ the largest oil company worldwide] – Many research disciplines
- SABIC [ one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide ]– Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
- Other world-class universities and industries in research fields.
The University scholarship accepts applications twice: for the Fall and Spring semesters. The Fall semester commends at the end of August and the Spring semester is in early January. Note: When applying for the KFUPM scholarship, all mandatory documents uploaded alongside the details entered on the online platform must be done correctly through the upload system using the same login ID and PIN created on the application platform, before the deadline date.
Description Of The King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Fully-funded
Scholarship Level: M.Sc and Ph.D.
Duration: 4 semesters for M.Sc and 8 semesters for Ph.D.
Host Institution: King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals in Saudi Arabia
Graduates Programs Available At KFUPM
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P|
|Civil & Environmental Planning||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Computer Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Computer Science||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Industrial & System Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Information Assurance & Security||M.Sc|
|Materials Sciences & Engineering||M.Sc|
|Mathematical Sciences||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
|Systems & Control Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc|
Benefits Of The King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals Scholarship
- No tuition fee
- A monthly stipend to cover
- Furnished air-conditioned room for free
- Essential medical care
- Free textbooks
- Affordable meals at the University’s cafeteria for the students
- Candidates will have the chance to participate in Research and Book Writing fully funded by the University.
- Free air ticket to Dahman at the start and end of the degree for international students.
King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals Scholarship Eligibility
Application Requirements For MBA
- Applicants must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution
- Must have a GPA of at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent
- They must have a working knowledge of computers, evidenced by at least one course in that field [ e.g. data processing, programming, information systems ]
- Must have had at least one course in college-level calculus which covers both differentiation and integration.
- Also waived applicants applying with a record of exceptional academic records must have at least one year of full-time work experience.
- Experience is highly required
Application Requirements For Masters Program In Science And Engineering
- Applicants must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science from a reputable institution with a major in the proposed field, evidence of suitable background for entering the proposed field
- Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.00 to higher on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent.
Application Requirements For Ph.D
- Applicant must have an M.Sc in Engineering or Science [ after a 4 years B.Sc degree ] from a reputable institution with graduate programs the same as those of KFUPM, with a major in the proposed field, evidence with suitable background for entering the proposed field.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 or higher on the equivalent of 4.00 in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
Required Documentations For King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals Scholarship.
1. A copy of the applicant’s identification passport [ passports for international applicants, National ID for Saudi nationals, and Iqama for both permanent and temporal residents of Saudi Arabia ]
2. Official Transcripts for B.Sc degree [ and M.Sc degree if applying for Ph.D.]
3. A page Statement Of Purpose on research goals and career at King Fahd University.
4. At least two recommendation letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
5. Official certificates for B.Sc degree if the degree is granted and also, M.Sc if applying to Ph.D
6. Passport-sized photos with white background [ optional for females ]
7. Curriculum Vitae
8. English Proficiency Test – TOEFL Score [ (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for Ph.D.) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for Ph.D.]
9. Acceptable general GRE score [ (min. Quant. is 156, min. Analytical Writing is 4.0 ]
10. GMAT score sheet [ required for MBA applicants ]
Note: Upon approval, original copies of degree certificates and transcripts are to be sent through postal mail.
- P.O. Box 5055
King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM)
To apply for the King Fahd University Of Petroleum And Minerals scholarship, follow this application link and do not forget to upload the mandatory documentation listed above through the Upload System using the login ID and PIN created during the online application. Check out how to fill out the application form here so you avoid mistakes
There are still more Saudi Arabia government scholarships inviting applicants from across the world. Apply Here