Do you think about LinkedIn when looking for professionals to fill up a job position at your workplace, for that matter the right people that must be and worthy [ technical or professionally ] for the job.?
Well, if you don’t look the LinkedIn way for the right people for your job vacancy, I urge you to start doing that. This is because LinkedIn is certified in that and has been described by many including business insider as the best social network that focuses on professional networking and career development.
This platform is used by many in the world to display their resume, find jobs and enhance their professional reputation by posting updates and interacting with other industry people who will be found in your circle depending on how to you set your LinkedIn profile.
Recommended article: These 9 Apps Steal Your Facebook Passwords. Uninstall Them
LinkedIn is used by many users as a free portal to access the aforementioned services but there is a subscription version called the LinkedIn Premium. And this offers additional features likes online classes and seminars that will end up boosting your curriculum vitae.
In this article, we will learn the best way to post a job on LinkedIn for free or paid and how the two perform differently.
HOW TO POST A JOB ON LINKEDIN.
- Login to the Linkedin website
- Access the job posting page
- Enter the job description, and
- Screen your applicants.
Follow the following steps to post your job on LinkedIn for free or paid.
- Head to the website LinkedIn.com, enter your details and click sign in [ if you are already using the platform, you will have to look through the menu bar at the top of the site and click on ‘job’.
- Click the post a free job button to kickstart the process.
- Fill the feeds that will pop up, job title, company, the job application and the employment type.
- Then, continue by clicking ‘Get Started For Free’ at the bottom of the page.
The next page is what your applicants will be seeing on your feed before applying for the job you are putting up. This page requires the job description and the skills required for the role. If LinkedIn already has your template for the job description, it will be imported automatically and all you will have to do is edit and put in what you expect.
- Think of your job description as an advertisement for the job you are putting up.
- Remove or add skills that will be automated to the skill list by clicking ‘x’ on each one or typing your required skill in the box to search for it.
- Skip the ‘ how did you hear about us’ box and click preview to see how your post will look like when viewed by your applicant.
- Then click continue to go to the next option, which is the applicant option.
- In the applicant option, you can choose to direct them to your website to continue and fill up their application form or use email and use LinkedIn for the job application process.
Screening the applicants. Linkedin will automatically put up screening questions to your applicants base on the job description you wrote, you can edit [ add or remove ] these questions to have the ones you preferred or totally take down the screening option.
- Make sure you specify the screening questions [ whether you will require them or just preferred as an added value for the applicants ]
- Then you will have to set up the email that those of your applicants who won’t qualify for the job will be receiving. Make sure the check box for the auto-re is checked for automatic rejection for those that won’t qualify. NB: The applicant will receive this email of rejection after 7 calendar days.
- Done with that, click ‘post job for free and you are set to go.
However, LinkedIn would like to extend a helping hand to you by allowing you to promote your job for free and be at the top of all search results. This is where the paid option comes in. They offer this at any ad budget you chose and that comes with the number of estimated eligible applicants that Linkedln will present your post.
You can also add compensation to your application by letting applicants know how they will be paid. Just check the box and fill in the right amounts. Hope you also learn how to post a job on Linkedin the best way.
Thanks for reading on globecalls.com. Give us a share and drop a comment to show us that you are on track.