2022/2023 MasterCard KNUST Scholarship application is ongoing until June. Apply now by following these procedures.
What To Know About The MasterCard Foundation.
This is an independent organisation with global networks based in Toronto, Canada. The organisation is worth more than 9 billion dollars in assets and its partners with other international organisations in 46 countries in creating opportunities for everyone to learn and prosper.
The MasterCard Foundation is a separate and independent entity established through the generosity of MasterCard Worldwide in 2006 to mainly promote financial inclusion and advanced youth learning in Africa.
About The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
The Scholars Program provides academically talented yet financially disadvantaged young people, particularly from Africa, with access to quality and relevant secondary and university education. Students selected for the Program receive a holistic set of financial, social and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
The Program consists of a global network of education institutions and non-profit organizations, who together believe that education is a catalyst for social and economic betterment. The Program aims to educate 15,000 young people and enable them to contribute to the economic growth and social development in their countries of origin.
About MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program: KNUST Scholarship.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship program allows brilliant but needy students to achieve their dreams of completing university, fostering their leadership skills and the capacities to give back to their communities hence must be ready to give back to society ( globally ).
The program provides a bucket of services to its awardees that make them become vital global citizens. Such as; mentorship, ethical leadership seminars, and soft skill training.
The program has $21 million available for 700 eligible students under its KNUST scholarship project and that covers full tuition, campus accommodation, books, and other scholars materials.
Benefits Of MasterCard KNUST Scholarship 2022/2023
• Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and a full-year monthly stipend).
• Counselling Support Services.
• Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
• Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
• Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
• Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give-Back).
• Uniquely sourced internships with the industry for professional development.
• The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
MasterCard KNUST Scholarship Eligibility 2022/2023
1. An applicant must have a valid or genuine WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’level or A’level or any equivalent result from an accredited institution. The result must not be older than 5 years.
2. The applicant must meet the KNUST’s admission requirements and be successfully admitted into the school to stand a chance of winning the scholarship.
3. For admission into KNUST, Ghanaians can purchase an E-voucher and fill out the application forms here when the portal opens. International students should also visit the same portal and click on Generate Logins ( an option for international students only ).
4. Candidates awaiting results will not be processed for the scholarship.
5. Applicant must have proof of being critical economically needy, with proven records of leadership and community engagement.
7. Female, disabled persons, and displaced persons ( certified refugees, internally displaced persons), etc will be given priority.
8. Applicant must have plans of going back to help his or her community.
9. Applicants must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
10. Eligible candidates can download the application form here. And note, the form is free and has a 2022 watermark feature on it.
11. If you are qualified and willing to apply, apply now! Do not wait for admission to be open at KNUST.
12. Applicants can send completed application forms via courier mail ( Eg. EMS, DHL, FedEx, UPS to the address below:
- The Program ManagerMastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUSTAfrica Hall Road, Impact BuildingPMB KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana.
MasterCard KNUST Scholarship 2022 APPLICATION DEADLINE: ON OR BEFORE TUESDAY, 30TH JUNE, 2022.
PS: Whereas the staggered interviews will begin in May 2022, any application arriving after 30th June 2022 shall not be processed.
International Applicants Should Note and attach copies of their original certificates of their results or their equivalent results.
Additional Information About The MasterCard KNUST Scholarship.
• The application for the scholarship is a staggering ongoing process, from mid-March to the end of September 2022.
• There will be 3 interviews in sequence conducted by 3 independent panels and at each stage, unsuccessful candidates would be notified.
• For Ghanaian applicants, there would be unannounced on-site visits.
• Successful applicants would be written to only when their results have been verified, interviewed 3 times and for Ghanaian applicants visited.
• There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
• Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
• The decisions of the Terminal Selection Committee are Final.
• Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
• Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
Partners Of The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- Wellesley College USA
- University Of Toronto, Canada
- University Of Pretoria, South Africa
- University OF Cape Town, South Africa
- The University Of California, Berkeley , USA.
- The University British Columbia, Canada.
- Stanford University, USA
- Michigan State University, USA
- McGill University, USA
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Kwame Nkrumah University Of Science and Technology
- Forum Of African Women Educationists ( FAWE ), Rwanda And Ethiopia
- EARTH University, Costa Rica.
- Duke University, USA.
- Campaign For Female Education ( COMFED ) Ghana.
- BRAC, Uganda
- Ashesi University, Ghana.
- Arizona State University, USA
- American University Of Beruit – Faculty Of Health Sciences, Lebanon.
- African Institute of Mathematical Sciences ( AIMS ), South Africa.
- African Leadership Academy, South Africa
Apply for the Mastercard KNUST Scholarship by following strictly the information provided above and for any other enquiry, you can drop your comment or visit the official website for more information.