MTN Foundation Ghana is offering a scholarship for year one undergraduate and continuing students in any accredited public tertiary institution across the country.
The MTN Foundation scholarship named the MTN Bright Scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, stipends for books, and also other relevant reading materials that the awardees will need throughout their studies.
The MTN Foundation Ghana Bright Scholarship is available to everyone eligible in all regions of the country. The eligibility is being a citizen and meeting the criteria.
MTN Foundation Ghana Bright Scholarship Requirements
The requirements section of this scholarship is the most necessary aside from the eligibility. It must be obeyed if you want to be among the winners.
The applicant must the following to win the MTN Bright Scholarship:
- Be a Ghanaian by any means – birth, naturalization, adoption, or registration. But not a dual citizen.
- Must be proven to be hardworking with excellent academic results
- The first-year and continuing students of any public accredited tertiary institution who meet the criteria can apply.
- Write a page motivation letter on why MTN Foundation should award you with this scholarship and what your professional and educational goals are.
- Include WASSCE results, an admission letter to your tertiary institution, and a well-written testimonial from your Senior High School.
Note: MTN Foundation will conduct thorough research on every document you submit in an application for the scholarship.
- Submit your applications together with valid contact details.
- If you are already on any form of scholarship, don’t bother to apply.
- Priority boost for those pursuing computer science, ICT, and engineering. Women and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet with the scholarship panel.
For The First Year Of Any Public Institution In Ghana
For any public tertiary institution in Ghana, a first-year applicant must at least credit passes in 6 subjects with English, Maths, and Integrated Science or Social Studies inclusive with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE.
For the MTN Bright Scholarship, a credit pass in:
- i. WASSCE means A1 to C6
- ii. SSSCE means A1 to D.
Scores For Continuing Students In Ghana.
- A continuing applicant must have a GPA minimum of 3.0
- Must be involved in extra circular activities and leadership duties.
- Must be proven to be disciplined with no history of serving a bond of good behavior.
MTN Foundation Ghana Bright Scholarship Deadline
The application period begins from the 1st of May 2021 to the 31st of May 2022. Successful applicants will be contacted and their names will be published in the newspapers after screening.
Nationality Eligibility For MTN Bright Scholarship
Only Ghanaians can apply for the MTN Ghana Foundation Scholarships 2020. You must come from any of the 16 Regions of Ghana to be eligible to apply for the Scholarship.
These 16 regions in Ghana include Accra, Takoradi, Kumasi, Cape Coast, Koforidua, Wa, Ho, Sunyani, Tamale, and Bolgatanga. You’re a Student from these regions, you’re welcome to apply Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Level/Field Of Study For MTN Bright Scholarship
The Scholarship is designed for Year one Undergraduate Students and Continuing education Students at any public Higher Institution in Ghana. The Applicant must be pursuing any course of choice.
How To Apply For MTN Bright Scholarship
1. Sign up on the website with appropriate documents to request access to the scholarship portal. A confirmation mail will be sent to you after your account has been approved by the foundation.
2. Log in to the portal with the email and the password you provided in step one above.
3. Click payments on the menu bar and select request payments
4. Fill out all the necessary details to request a scholarship grant.
5. Click submit to send a request.
6. The appropriate office would look at your scholarship request and decide on whether grants would be offered or denied. An email or SMS would be sent to you to know the current status of your request.
Note: You can track your scholarship request through the portal. Just visit the Payment History tab on the portal.
What Is MTN Foundation Ghana?
The MTN Foundation is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across its 22 operations.
The MTN Ghana Foundation was established in 2007 as a single-purpose vehicle to drive all MTN’s CSR initiatives in the country. The Foundation currently has three focus areas – Health, Education, and Economic Empowerment.
The Foundation is set up as a separate legal entity with its independent Board of Directors and Patrons who oversee the operations of the Foundation. Its commitment is centered around the socio-economic development of the country through the roll-out of appropriate and sustainable social interventions in communities all over the country.
The main aim of the Foundation is to have a broad community impacting and supporting national and international development priorities. It facilitates partnership and sharing of resources to achieve mutual
What Is MTN Scholarship?
For about two decades, the MTN scholarship foundation has been awarding various sponsorship programs to thousands of well-deserving across the African continent. Now Ghanaian youths are been supported by MTN Ghana Foundation to pursue various courses at different levels of education in Ghana through the Scholarship scheme.
Make sure you are applying from scholarships.mtn.com.gh only and no other platform when applying for the MTN Foundation Ghana bright scholarship.