Keele University Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship 2023/2024. Keele University in the UK admits the article 26 of the Declaration Of Human Rights which states that: Everyone has the right to education hence article 26 sanctuary scholarship aimed at supporting asylum seekers and students from forced migrants background to access higher education.
The scholarship is a partially funded one for applicants applying to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate degree taught program, part-time or full-time for up to 4 years. Hence applicants must provide evidence of being able to cover their living costs during their studies.
Table of Contents
Description Of The Keele University Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship
Level Of Study: Undergraduate / Postgraduate
Type Of Scholarship: Partial Scholarship
Worth: £400 per month of study plus £250 a year.
Duration: 4 years
Institution: Keele University England
Awards: 10 scholarships
Benefits Of Keele University Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship
1. Full tuition waiver for up to 4 years of study
2. A cash bursary of £400 per month
3. An additional award of £250 for course cost loaded onto student Keele’s card.
4. On-campus accommodation for free
5. There is also personal support for each successful student to enable them to identify and overcome barriers to achievement in their degree program.
Eligibility Criteria Of Keele University Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship
If you fall into any of the following immigration statuses, you are eligible to benefit from the article 26 sanctuary scholarship at Keele University:
1. An asylum seeker – a person who has been granted refugee status in the UK
2. If you have been granted any form of temporary status such as Limited Leave to remain, in the UK
3. If you are dependent on any of the above status groups whose claim is dependent on a principal applicant.
Please note, that some students with temporary status may be eligible for funding under the Long Residence category. For useful information regarding eligibility under this category, please visit the UKCISA website. Priority will be given to applicants who live within easy commuting distance of Keele University.
How To Apply To The Keele University Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship
There is no other application portal for the article 26 sanctuary award at the Keele university. An applicant will be considered automatically for the award when they apply for admission at Keele University. In addition to that, an applicant must apply to the following courses:
1. Full-time undergraduate degree and foundation programs (up to a maximum of four years)
2. Full-time or part-time postgraduate taught Master’s programs (applicants must be studying a minimum of a Master’s qualification; modular courses and the Postgraduate Certificate/Postgraduate Diploma are not eligible).
You can also contact the admissions department at Keele University through this email [email protected] for more inquiries about how to get into the University on the Article 26 Sanctuary Scholarship. Find out more about Best Undergraduate Scholarships For Nigerian Students 2022/2023