The Japanese Government MEXT scholarship for the 2023/2024 application is currently open at the Japanese embassy in your country. You would have to follow the due procedures below to land this scholarship if you want and undertake your higher education in Japan for free.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology [MEXT] or Monbukagakusho scholarship helps students from developing countries that are World Bank members to undertake development-related studies at a number of universities in Japan.
In other words, international students can apply for the MEXT Japanese Government scholarship if their country has diplomatic relations with Japan. Candidates will have to apply through Japanese Government embassies in their home country.
Table of Contents
About The Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
Yearly, the Japanese Government awards a number of scholarships to students from countries that it has some diplomatic relations with through its ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology. This is aimed at enhancing international competitiveness and promoting the active exchange of international students in top Japanese universities thereby creating the perfect ecosystem of learning and inter-country relationship.
The MEXT of the Japanese Government collaborates with the entitled ministries of eligible countries and other agencies in bolstering the success of the MEXT Japanese Scholarship program under highly qualified scientists and professors from all over the world.
Description | MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship
Study/Scholarship Level: Undergraduate, Masters [ MS/MPhil], and Ph.D. Level Degree Programs
Type Of Scholarship: Fully-funded, merit-based
Duration: Undergraduate Studies: 4-5 years, Masters Studies: 2-3 years, Ph.D. Studies: 3-4 years.
Study In: Top Universities In Japan
Number Of Awards: Unspecified large number
Benefits | Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship
1. 100% tuition covered
2. A monthly research regional allowance
3. Monthly Stipend: This stipend is not fixed as it changes yearly depending on the budget allocated for the scholarship every year.
4. Travelling Allowances:
1. All selected applicants for the 2023/2024 MEXT scholarship will get round-trip airfare tickets from the Japanese Government.
2. After to Japan after selection from home countries
3. Airfare back home students’ home after degree|
Eligibility Requirements Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship.
1. Applying from overseas and medically fit
2. Applicant must not have any Japanese nationality nor residency permit and must be from a country having some diplomatic relations with Japan.
3. Be born on or after April 2nd, 1985.
Applicants for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship must meet the following academic requirements.
1. Undergraduate Applicants:
Must have completed 12 years of school education in any country other than Japan
2. Masters Applicants:
Having a bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to apply for the Master’s Degree.
3. Ph.D. Applicants:
Having a master’s degree, you are eligible to apply for the Doctorate degree.
Required Documentations For Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship.
1. The MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship form.
2. Your highest degree verified diploma including grading points:
•Bachelor’s Program Applicants: 12 years of education or above.
•Masters Program Applicants: Bachelor’s degree diploma or above.
• Ph.D. Programs Applicants: Master’s Degree Diploma or above.
3. Your highest degree verified transcript including grading points:
4. Two Recommendation Letters.
This must be written by a teacher or a supervisor or an employer, [ anyone who has been able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential]. It must be written in English
5. Scanned passport
6. CV – Curriculum Vitae
7. Clear professional photographs.
8. Study Plan / Statement Of Purpose.
This includes the motivation of application – why you apply for the scholarship, education/research background, and prospective Japanese universities.
9. English Language Proficiency Document:
Applicants who attended English Language institutes can submit their English Proficiency Certificate form and they will be exempted from the Language Test.
10. Academic Thesis Or Any Relevant Publication [Ph.D. Applicants Only]
Applicants for the Ph.D. program must add a copy of their master’s thesis or any relevant academic publications.
11. Make sure to add any required document to avoid disqualification.
How To Apply For The Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship.
Before applying for the Japanese MEXT Scholarship, check the list of eligible countries then proceed with the steps below:
- Click this Apply Online Button
- Find your country on the list
- Visit the scholarship site for your country for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship
- Now, follow the steps and apply.
The application deadline for the MEXT Japanese Government scholarship varies from embassy to embassy, that is to say from country to country. You will have to find out on your country’s website for the scholarship. You can watch the video below for more clarification.