Table of Contents
As content creators increase in number nowadays, so the demand for youtube monetisation increases. Because that is where most of them post their content.
How to get money from Youtube is a hot topic when it comes to content creation which combines musicians, comedians, vloggers and more.
Content creation and youtube monetisation go hand in hand but surviving the google maze to have your content monetised require different tactics altogether.
It is the joy of every content creator to reach the threshold of 1k subscribers on his or her youtube channel and hence receive the notification of viability to monetise your youtube and get paid by displaying ads on the contents.
In this write-up, we will look at how to get your youtube account ads ready, how to display the right ads for every content and the right content to monetise to prevent banning.
Recommended article: 4 Ways To Download Music From Youtube
The ‘basic’ is to have 1k subscribers over the last 12 months and 4000 hours of views on your account to get booked and readied to show ads on your Youtube channel.
In 2018, Youtube ruled in the section of Youtube’s terms and service call ‘Right to monetise’ that they will start running ads on every small channel below 1K subscribers and less than 4000 hours views that do not belong to the Youtube Partner Program but the owners of the channel will have no share. This is a new policy that forms part of the Youtube Partner Program
This triggered a virtual protest but couldn’t stop Youtube from implementing the rule which knocked off many baby vloggers and other big names who want their followers to enjoy the content with no distraction.
Now, if you can meander this rough road to monetization of your youtube channel, you can still be banned or taken off the platform for violating some rules of the platform such as posting copyrighted content and some dictions too.
This is because youtube deals with authenticity and originality. Your content must originally be yours ( though there are new ways to dodge this. We will talk about it later ).
YouTube partnership program (YouTube AdSense)
You can monetize your YouTube channel with AdSense. AdSense shows contextual ads on your videos and you earn money whenever a viewer clicks on the ad. This is by far the easiest way that YouTubers are making money.
The best way to increase your revenue is to increase the views on your videos. It is as simple as that.
This isn’t easy by any means. YouTube expects you to have put a certain bit of effort before you are eligible for the YouTube Partnership Program.
Eligibility Criteria for the YouTube Partnership Program
- YouTube Partnership Program should be available in your country
- You have more than 4,000 watch hours in the previous year
- You have more than 1,000 subscribers
- You create content that meets YouTube Partner Program policies
- You have linked an approved AdSense account
How do I register for the YouTube Partnership Program?
Assuming, you are eligible for the YouTube Partnership Program, here are the things you need to do.
Joining the partnership program
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under “Monetization,” click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
- Set up an Adsense account or sign-up for Adsense via YouTube Setting up an Adsense Account: To learn how to set up an Adsense account, click on this link that will give you a step by step process
- Sign-up for Adsense via YouTube: Alternatively, you can choose to sign-up for an Adsense account via YouTube. Click on this link for the step by step process.
Set your monetization preferences
- In this section, you can choose either to monetize all your videos (existing and future) or just future videos.
- You can choose the type of ads you want to show your subscribers.
Wait for YouTube to approve you
Once your account is approved, you can monetize all your uploaded videos and also your future videos