The heat is on for every Ghanaian to go for the new Identification card or Ghana card so therefore you must know the mandatory uses of Ghana card – the reason most are being pushed to go for it and you must go for one
Mandatory uses of Ghana card will definitely see very Ghanaian have the card as it will become the only means on can access most services in Ghana. Literally, without the Ghana card, most Ghanaians are bound to be bounced at the registration officers, banks, passport offices etc.
According to the National Identification Authority, a national identity card issued to an individual shall be used for the following transactions where identification is required.
Recommended article: How To Register For Your Ghana Card Online.
BELOW IS THE LIST OF MANDATORY USES OF GHANA CARD
For this list of uses below, one is highly advised to go for the Ghana card before you get caught in the corner where it will be the only required rock of your salvation.
- Application for and issuance of a passport.
- Application for and issuance of a driver’s license.
- Opening of an individual or personal bank accounts.
- Purchase of insurance policies.
- Transaction pertaining to individuals in respect pf pensions
- Transactions that have social security implications
- Purchase, transfer and registration of land by an individual or a connected transaction subject to the provisions of other enactments.
- Registration of voters
- Payment of taxes
- Registration of SIM cards.
- Application for public or government services, facilities, approvals, permissions or benefits
- And any other transaction which the Authority may determine and publish in the gazette.
- Consumer credit transactions.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR SIM CARD WITH GHANA CARD
STAGE 1. So let’s assume you reading this write up has already registered and received your Ghana card, all you will have to do is link your Ghana card to the SIM card of any service provider listed below. Now, how do you link your Ghana card to the SIM card to stay active with your number? Follow the steps below to link your SIM card.
- You will have to dial *404#
- And enter Ghana card PIN
- Make sure you confirm the exact Ghana card PIN with no difference at step two
- Enter your surname [ that must be the same as that on the Ghana Card
- Enter your first name.
- Proceed with your date of birth in this format – DD/MM/YY
- Select your sex
- Confirm the details you have provided and
- Submit the details provided after thorough confirmation
If the details provided are accurate, you will receive a confirmation unique code through SMS. However, if the details failed, you have 3 attempts to answer security questions.
Failure to get through this stage successfully, you will have to contact the National Identification Authority for proper update of your details in the NIA system.
STAGE 2 – The final stage is to visit your service provider for final update of your SIM card.
REGISTRATION OF SIM CARDS WITH GHANA CARD
The Ghana card can be linked to the following Subscriber Identification Module or SIM Card. Go through the process of connecting your SIM card to your Ghana card if you have any of the following SIM cards.
VISIT THESE OFFICES FOR FREE GHANA CARD REGISTRATION.
The National Identification Authority has released a number of it’s offices across the country where Ghanaians are yet to register for their Ghana Cards can visit for free registration.
This cane after Ghanaians lament the inability to register themselves due to Ghc250 charge on the emergency registration at the NIA which most of them can’t make their ways to ( obviously ). Below are the opened offices of the NIA in the listed regions. NIA promises to open offices across all regions as soon as possible for every Ghanian to register his or herself.