The novel COVID-19 is a huge threat to the reopening pf schools in Ghana and all over the world as France recorded 75 among students a day after reopening schools
In the process of fighting this pandemic, His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwah gave some directives which included the closure of all schools on 16th March 2020, and schools have remained closed to date.
There is now a consultation ongoing as to how the school environment can be made safe for students to go back to school to continue their academic works without contracting the deadly virus.
Here are 7 suggestions to be considered before considering the re-opening of Basic schools by a popular educator Yaa Framtomapa
1. Urgent need to go back to the Shift System
Classes must be resized to at most 30 students in a class. This is to enable teachers and students to practice social distancing because most schools especially public schools have between 60-120 students in a class.
2. More teachers need to be employed to meet the shift system mentioned above.
3. Adequate PPE must be provided to teachers and students to enable them to protect themselves from contracting the virus in order not to make schools a hotspot area.
4. Projectors should be made available to all schools to reduce talking and ensure a better and easy understanding of lessons. ( Favorable alternatives should be considered for schools in areas without electricity).
5. Hand washing must be intensified in schools. Even though most schools are already practicing hand washing, we MUST ensure there are enough veronica buckets, other hand washing items, and alcohol-based sanitizers in every school.
6. There should be no social gathering like morning assembly and worship in the school. If it would be practiced, it must be done at the class level.
7. There should be no external break and games like football, netball etc which would bring the children together.
In all, only final year students should be allowed to resume first as a pilot to see how feasible the blueprints would be.
Ahaa, its fastidious conversation on the topic of this paragraph here at this web site, I have
read all that, so at this time me also commenting here.
Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just too fantastic.
I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you are
stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take
care of to keep it wise. I can not wait to read far more from you.
This is really a great site.
I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.
I am quite sure I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!
whoah this weblog is great i really like reading your articles.
Stay up the good work! You recognize, many individuals are looking around for this information, you can help them greatly.
Great information. Lucky me I came across your site by
chance (stumbleupon). I have bookmarked it for later!
I simply want to mention I’m very new to weblog and absolutely enjoyed you’re web page. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your blog . You amazingly come with good posts. Thanks a bunch for sharing with us your blog.
You seem to be very professional in the way you write.::â€™~*
It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d most certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to new updates and will share this site with my Facebook group. Talk soon!
Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s hard to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a very good job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Safari. Excellent Blog!
It’s nearly impossible to find knowledgeable folks with this topic, and you sound like there’s more you are dealing with! Thanks
Area on with this article, I genuinely assume this site needs much more factor to consider. I?ll possibly be once more to read far more, many thanks for that details.
Comments are closed.