These are motivation words picked from the teachings of Pastor TD Jakes about things to do to maintain a productive mind frame even in tough times.
1. Don’t waste time on who’s fault it is in the crisis. Blame doesn’t FIX anything!
2. If you find yourself spinning your wheels mentally, give your mind a break. Come back to it after some rest. Rest restores the mind to RESToration!
3. Irrigate your mind by talking to people who can share a fresh perspective. And don’t argue with wise counsel, trying to exonerate yourself or indict someone else.
4. Train your mind to skim over the problem and focus on being solution-oriented!
5. Some things are beyond your control. Those things are the ones you turn over to God! The humility of admitting your limitations and His infinite ability is in itself a form of praise!
I speak peace to whatever may have you feeling overwhelmed. Take a long luxurious bath; talk to a friend that makes you laugh. Whatever you do, don’t take your worries to bed with you! Give yourself a two-hour window of detox before lying down!
I pray this helps you have spiritual wholeness and mental wellness!