Apply for Wellington international excellence scholarship now if you have had at least one year of Secondary education in New Zealand. This scholarship is very competitive based on academic records.
Wellington International Excellence Scholarship at Victoria University is aimed at enlisting and supporting academically potent international students who are currently studying in New Zealand and will want to continue at Victoria University.
Table of Contents
Description Of Wellington International Excellence Scholarship At Victoria University
|Scholarship Level||School Leaver|
|Closing Date||1st September|
|Course Duration||3 years|
|Award For||International students|
|Number Of Scholarships Offered||Always very competitive based on academic merits|
Eligibility Criteria For Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
To qualify for this scholarship, you must have at least one year of education in New Zealand’s secondary education circle and be enrolling in Victoria University in the Trimester of the year following your application. Apart from that, an applicant must be:
1. An international full-fee paying student.
2. Be enrolling in the first year of their first undergraduate degree.
3. Must have completed at least one full year i.e their Year 12 year at a New Zealand secondary school.
4. Must have NCEA level 2 [ or 3 if taken Year 12 ] endorsed by with Excellence or equivalent in another qualification.
Application Process For Wellington International Excellence Scholarship
A complete online application must be submitted by 4:30 PM on the closing date. As well as any requested supporting documentation. The supporting documentation for this scholarship are 1. A personal statement 2. a reference from your school principal or nominee [ requested through the online application].
You can apply for the scholarship here. But before you go ahead, read the regulations and conditions guiding the wellington international excellence scholarship award.
Regulations And Conditions
1. All awarded scholarships will be on the condition that the recipient has been fully enrolled in a full-year program with stipulated criteria and duration of the scholarship. Until then, no payment for the scholarship will be made.
2. This scholarship cannot be deferred to a later year.
3. This scholarship cannot be enjoyed alongside other awards [ scholarships ]
4. You can apply for this scholarship if you have an NCEA level two [ or three ] Certificate endorsed with Excellence. Excellence credits must be obtained in year 11 or 12.
5. You can also apply for this scholarship if you have an excellent level of achievement in an alternative qualification. Alternative qualifications considered are International Baccalaureate [IB], Cambridge International Examinations [CIE], or Rodolph Sterner qualifications.
6. Also, CIE candidates with at least 230 points on the UCAS tariff across not more than four subjects from years 11 or 12 can apply.
7. Offers of the scholarship to NCEA candidates will be on the condition that the recipient achieved a merit or Excellence endorsement on his or her NCEA level 3 certificate.
All recipients of the Wellington International Excellence Scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in the Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by University Accommodation Wellington by 1 October.
Scholarships will comprise of $10,000 for the first year of study, and a further $5,000 for the second and third years of study, provided a Grade Point Average of 7 (A- average) is maintained.
Students must also study full-time (at least 120 points a year) in order to continue to hold the Wellington International Excellence Scholarship. These scholarships will be credited to tuition fees after the final withdrawal date for Trimester 1 (roughly two weeks after the first day of the trimester).
This wellington international excellence scholarship is just one of the fully-funded undergraduate scholarships for African students [ international]. You can check out the list of Top 15 Fully-Funded Undergraduate Scholarships For African Students 2022-2023 and surely you will find a source of funding for your higher education.