Applications are currently invited for the Umm Al-Qura university scholarship 2023/2024 academic year for students across the world who want to pursue postgraduate and undergraduate studies in fields of study available at the University under this scholarship.
At Umm Al-Qura University in Makkah, a village scholarship – a crowdfunding form of scholarship – is offered to all non-Saudi candidates interested in Arabic law and teachings from across the globe willing to study at the University. And this scholarship is divided into two categories:
- Umm Al-Qura University Internal Grants: For non-Saudi Arabian candidates who resides in the country with a legit residency permit.
- Umm Al-Qura University External Scholarships: For non-Saudi Arabian candidates and citizens who resides outside the country
Table of Contents
What Is Umm Al-Qura University?
The Umm Al- Qura university is one of the oldest public universities in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. It was established as College of Sharia [ Islamic Law University ] before it was joined by other colleges and renamed Umm Al-Qura university Continue reading about the University here
Description Of Umm Al-Qura University Scholarship
Scholarship Type: Partial Scholarship
Scholarship Level: Postgraduate and undergraduate degrees
Host Country: Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
Institution: Umm Al-Qura University
Eligible Countries And Regions: Worldwide
Eligibility Criteria Of Umm Al-Qura University Scholarship
1. Good conduct record from former educational institutions
2. Declared medically fit after the designated examination.
3. Candidates should not be under the age of 17 at the time of applying for this scholarship and not be above 25 years.
4. The University also expects students’ references from individual bodies, institutions, or personalities designated by the institution.
5. Candidates must not be enjoying any other scholarship funding from any educational institution in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
6. Candidates must have no record of dropping out of any educational institution in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
How To Apply For The Umm Al-Qura University Scholarship
To apply for the Umm Al-Qura University scholarship, a candidate must first apply for admission to the University under any of these programs: Postgraduate Study Program, Undergraduate Study Program, Diploma Study Program, Preparatory Year Program, or direct transfer to the UQU.
The Bachelor’s degree is awarded to secondary school graduates in all fields of scientific and theoretical specialties which have been built according to the highest academic and professional academic plan to equip them with enough for their dreams. Note: You must complete all study curricula for each plan.
1. Apply for the scholarship by writing to the Scholarship Department using the steps listed here
2. Provides the Scholarship Department with all the necessary details or information required, including specializations, this will help you get the financial guarantee to contact foreign universities.
3. After receiving admission from the University, you will then receive a financial guarantee from the department of scholarship to contact foreign universities.
4. Submit the admission together with the English Language Test Certificate to the relevant department to obtain a decision of approval or disapproval from the department.
5. The admission letter and the English Language Test Certificate are then forwarded by the head of the department to the Dean of the College to take action in this regard through the college’s council.
6. The minutes of the college council are then forwarded to the President of the University for approval.
7. The President’s approval is proceeded by referring the letter to the University Vice President for Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research to submit this letter before the standing committee for scholarship and training in the University. This will be accompanied by a presentation memo and the support documents before the committee. You can review your documents here
8. If all requirements are met, the minutes of the meeting are sent to the University President to obtain the necessary approval.
9. The approval is then reviewed by the general secretary of the university before the University Council.
10. If the University Council gives the nod, the President of the University will approve your scholarship.
11. Per the decision of the President, the scholarship nominee is entitled to request the department to issue the executive decision via the e-services displayed on the website of the scholarship department.
12. After this issuance, a copy is sent to the relevant authorities inside and outside of the University including the cultural attache of the host country. Finally, the student gets a copy of the executive decision after obtaining an entry visa and submitting the required pledges.
Application Deadline Of The Umm Al-Qura University Scholarship
This scholarship is run all year long as candidates must have obtained admission, get nominated for the scholarship, and finally win the scholarship before the new academic year they begin studies.