Rhodes Scholarship At Oxford University is a merit-based full time fully funded postgraduate award open to every young person around the world who wish to study at the University of Oxford. This is one of the highly sought scholarships in the UK.
Th scholarship provides an annual stipend of £17,310 at £1,442.50 per month. This is to cover accommodation and living expenses. Note: This stipend is not provided to cover any other partner or dependent
Table of Contents
What Does The Rhodes Scholarship At Oxford University Cover?
Aside from the annual stipend, the Rhodes Trust covers the fees required to apply to study at the university – that is after the scholarship selection. It also covers fees for visas, International Health Surcharge [ IHS ] – this allows the international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
The Rhodes Trust also covers two economy class flights to and from the UK for the beginning and the end of studies at the university.
Selected scholars also receive a settling allowance and for those scholars who transitioned into the second course of studies in Oxford, they will receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
Eligibility Criteria – Rhodes Scholarship At Oxford University
1. Citizenship / Residency – Every applicant must go by the citizenship and residential demands of the Rhodes Constituency to which they are applying to.
2. Age – You must at least 18 years old by 1st October 2022 but must not be above 25 years i.e. you must be have been born between 1st October 1997 and 1st October 2004.
3. Education – All applicants must have achieved academic standing sufficiently advanced to assure completion of a bachelor’s degree by October following the election. Academic standing must be sufficiently high to ensure admission to the University of Oxford, which has very competitive entry requirements and to give confidence that Rhodes Scholars will perform to a high academic standard in Oxford.
Individual constituencies may specify a 1st or equivalent. Some constituencies require an undergraduate degree to have been taken within the constituency of application.
Please see the country-specific eligibility requirements at this link before you start your application process.
The Selection Criteria – Rhodes Scholarship At Oxford University
1. As a merit-based award, you must have academic excellence – literary and scholastic attainments.
2. Ability to use one talent to the maximum [ as demonstrated by mastery in areas such as sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuits, particularly where teamwork is involved]
3. Applicants must be courageous, devoted to duty, truthful, sympathetic, kind, unselfish and willing to protect the weak.
4. Instincts to lead and moral force of character count in winning the Rhodes scholarship.
You can use their eligibility checker tool to check if you meet te criteria and are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Application Deadline For Rhodes Scholarship At Oxford University
The application begins on the 1st of June or 1 July. Every applicant must read the eligibility criteria per their country, application criteria and deadline specific to their countries and the deadline varies per country. Read on the country-specific page