The Imperial Marshall scholarship is a highly competitive scholarship for intellectually distinguished natives of America to study at any university in the United Kingdom. This is the only broadly available scholarship for the natives of America to study in the UK – hence highly competitive and most sought after.
This scholarship made our list of top PhD scholarships in the UK. So we have to shed more light on it and how to go about its application and processing.
It was established by the parliament of the United Kingdom in 1953 as a sign to recognise the generosity of Secretary of State, George C. Marshall and the Marshall Plan in the wake of World War II with the goal to strengthen the special relationship between the two countries.
Imperial Marshall scholarship is awarded to scholars with high academic ability and excellence future leaders prospects who wish to study a postgraduate course in the country from all across the US.
Imperial Marshall Scholarship Covers
1. Full university fee
2. Cost of living
3. Thesis, annual book grant and research grant.
4. Daily Travels grants
Eligibility Criteria Of Imperial Marshall Scholarship
1. Be a citizen of the United States
2. Hold a first degree from accredited four-year college or university in the United States
3. Posses a minimum of 3.7 at the time of application
4. Have graduated from your undergraduate college or university after April 2016.
5. Must not possess a degree or degree equivalent qualification from a British University.
6. Must not have studied for GCSEs or A level taken at school in the UK.
Apart from the above-listed criteria, this scholarship has a peculiar way of approving and accepting scholars. The prospective applicants must first be endorsed by their universities to apply. The selection process is then coordinated through the eight major British embassy/consulate regions in the United States (Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.).
Selection committees in each region, consisting of former scholars and other distinguished individuals, receive university-endorsed applications (including personal statements and essays) which are used to select a short list of candidates for interviews. Each committee then interviews each of the regional finalists prior to making the final decisions on the year’s awards
Objectives Of The Imperial Marshall Scholarship
1. To give intellectually distinguished young Americans, their country’s future leaders the chance to learn in the UK
2. Help the scholars gain an understanding and appreciation of contemporary Britain.
3. To add to the development and expansion of knowledge in Science, Technology, the humanities and social sciences and the creative arts in Britain’s centres of academic excellence
4. To motivate the scholars to be ambassadors from the US to the UK and vice versa throughout their lives and thus solidifying the British-America relationship.
5. To achieve academic and personal fulfilment of each scholar.
How To Apply For The Imperial Marshall Scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, I recommend you visit the scholarship website, and do some good reading to understand what you are about to go for and the right way to go about it. Note: Your first application has to be endorsed by your undergraduate institution before you will have the chance to make the final list of applicants for an interview.
Visit the website, create an account and start your application process if you fit the eligibility criteria listed above. The application portal for the Imperial Marshall scholarship application 2023/2024 will be midway this June, so stay tuned other website