The Kotzen undergraduate scholarship at Simmons University is open to applicants who want to undertake a full-time undergraduate study at the University.
Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen’s undergraduate scholarship is a merit award for the best and brightest students interested in transformative education at Simmons University. The benefits of this scholarship are: It is a full tuition scholarship covering room or board plus an additional $3,000 for academic pursuits such as study abroad, support, research, and more.
Table of Contents
Description Of The Kotzen Undergraduate Scholarship
|Study/Scholarship Level||Undergraduate studies|
|Worth||Full tuition plus $3,000|
Eligibility Criteria For The Kotzen Undergraduate Scholarship
1. If you have already applied for admission as a freshman at the University
2. Have a GPA of 3.3 or higher, unweighted
3. College preparatory curriculum including an advanced level mathematics course during or prior to your senior year of high school.
4. The University is test-optional, hence you decide whether to submit a standardized test with your admission application. And if you chose to submit your test scores, a 28 or higher on the ACT is recommended, and a 13000 on the SAT.
5. Non-native English speakers must submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores.
The application process for the Kotzen scholarship consists of two parts: A short answer and a formal essay as well as a resume including activities and involvements. The short answer and the essay prompts are as follows:
- Short Answer: Write about how you would use your additional $3,000 annual stipend. Are you going to use it for study abroad, short-term courses, summer internship tuition, and/ or research support? This essay must not be more than 250 characters.
- Formal Essay: Some people argue that leaders are born, not made, while others defend the opposite view that leaders are made not born. Write an essay defending just one of the arguments. You are free to use a specific example of a leader, either from history or your personal experience to support your argument. This essay must not be more than 500 words.
Note: All the above essays and the resume must be submitted through this email address [email protected] in PDF or Word Doc format with the subject line as ‘Kotzen Application‘
Applicants for Kotzen Undergraduate Scholarship must complete and submit both their scholarship application and their admission application to the University by December 1. The finalist selected for the scholarship consideration will be notified in mid-January 2023, required to complete an interview in February 2023, and winners will be notified by March 1st. Top 15 Fully-Funded Undergraduate Scholarships For African Students 2022-2023