A total of 132 persons have so far been confirmed to have been infected with the Coronavirus disease in Ghana.

This comes after 64 new positive cases were announced by the Ghana Health Service on Thursday, March 26, 2020.

Of the 64 new cases, 40 were confirmed among those under mandatory quarantine while the 20 others were confirmed through the Ghana Health Service’s regular surveillance systems of the local population.

Authorities say all the new patients have been isolated and are receiving treatment.

Restrictions To Stop The Spread Of COVID-19

The Minister for Information, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah in response to the calls has given indications that the government may announce restrictions in some parts of Ghana as part of additional measures to stop the spread of Coronavirus in the country.

He said a restriction or any other new precautionary measure the government may adopt will be aimed at curbing a community spread of the disease.

“So far, every step of the way, the government has been very proactive with coming up with measures to contain the situation. Those final rafts of measures now that the law has been put in place may include some restrictions in some parts of the country but whatever will be done will be with the objective of ensuring that we totally negate the potential for community spread,” he said in a Citi News interview

Very soon they will be a lockdown because the virus spreads as long as humans are on the move – Some health workers suggests.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here