Facebook PhD Fellowship program gives doctoral students who are into innovation and research in areas related to computer science and engineering the support and courage to learn more about their projects and further research.
The program is available to students any year of their PhD studies. Students of diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly motivated to apply for the Facebook PhD fellowship. Especially those from traditionally underrepresented minority groups.
Brief Description Of The Facebook PhD Fellowship
1. Institution: Facebook
2. Level Of study: PhD
3. Study In: Any accredited university where the candidate is enrolled on a full-time PhD program.
4. Number Of Scholarships: Varies. 2022 saw 37 applicants selected and awarded out of 2,300 applications.
What Does The Facebook PhD Fellowship Cover?
1. Two years of paid tuition fees.
2. Annual Stipend of $42,000 to cover the cost of living and conference travel costs, and various opportunities to engage with Meta researchers.
3. A paid visit to Meta headquarters for the annual Fellowship Summit.
Eligibility Criteria For Facebook PhD Fellowship
1. Applicants must be full-time PhD students who are enrolled in an accredited university (in any country) by the start of the Fellowship (i.e., Fall 2022)
2. Students must be involved in ongoing research related to one or more relevant disciplines (see available fellowships below)
3. Students must remain enrolled full-time for the duration of the Fellowship to receive program benefits
4. Students should not apply for Meta Fellowships if they are actively being funded by Meta through some other sponsorship or collaboration and/or if they are actively being supervised (or co-supervised) by a Meta researcher. If in doubt, please email email@example.com.
Required Documents To Be Included In The Application Package
1. 500-word research summary that clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Meta of the anticipated research during the award (reference the available fellowships below)
2. Two letters of recommendation, including one from an academic advisor. You will be asked to provide your references’ contact information, and they will receive a corresponding form to submit their letters.
Available Fellowships By Facebook PhD Fellowship Program
1. AI System WH SW Co-Design
2. Applied Statistics
3. AR/VR Computer Graphics
4. AR/VR Technologies
5. AR/VR Human-Computer Interaction
6. AR/VR Human Understanding
7. AR/VR Perception, Cognition and Action.
8. AR/VR Photonics and Optics
9. Audio Presence
10. Augmented Reality Audio
11. Blockchain and Cryptoeconomies
12. Computational Social Science
13. Database Systems
14. Distributed Systems
15. Economics and Computation
16. Human-Computer Interaction – Social Media, People and Society
18. Privacy And Data Use.
19. Programming Languages
20. Security and Privacy
21. Technology Policy Research
How To Apply For The Facebook PhD Fellowship
1. Applicants will have to use their Facebook accounts to apply.
2. Visit the application portal [ currently closed and awaiting 2023 opening ]
3. When you fill out the application, you will be asked to input an email address for your references. Your references will receive an email with a link to submit their letter. Please ensure that the contact information you enter for your references is accurate.
4. The application will allow you to save or submit after entering information. You may go back and edit your application up to the due date.
Application Deadline Of Facebook PhD Fellowship 2023
Application for the 2023 program will be opened on the 3rd of August 2022 and closed on the 20th of September 2022. Winners will be announced on the 31st of January 2023.