Tiktok has an inbuilt video download feature to save you from downloading third-party apps on your phone. But does that works the magic for all videos on all devices? No!
On the streets of TikTok, some videos are public ( downloadable ) while some are private ( not downloadable ) using the inbuilt download feature.
In this article, we will see how to download TikTok videos with the inbuilt feature and the third-party apps on Android and iOS. In short, this article shows you how to download any TikTok video on any device with and without a watermark.
How To Download TikTok Videos On iOS And Android.
Download TikTok Videos On Android Using TikTok Inbuilt Downloader
1. Locate the video you want to download.
2. Access the video by tapping on the video to play.
3. While the video plays, tap on hold on the screen for a few seconds and TikTok will present you with 3 action buttons – Save video, Add to favorites, Report, and Not interested.
4. Tap on the Save video button and depending on your device and its operating system settings, you will be presented with the option of selecting where to save your videos.
Note: With android version 9 and below, as soon as you grant TikTok access to your file manager, your video will proceed to download into the file manager hence creating a default TikTok videos folder.
Another way of downloading with the inbuilt TikTok download feature is to tap on the share icon of the video and be presented with several options including the Save Video button in a pop-up menu.
This is how to download free or public downloadable TikTok videos with the TikTok inbuilt download feature on Android.
How To Download Protected TikTok Videos On Android.
As said earlier, there are copyrighted videos ( protected or undownloadable ) on TikTok aside from those you can freely download.
Read: Make Money On Tiktok
So if the content creator decided to turn off the download feature, TikTok will remove the Save Video option from the list of pop-up actions you see whenever you tap and hold or tap the Share button on a video. However, with a third-party app, you will be able to download those videos easily.
There are several TikTok video downloader platforms and apps on the play store that one can use in downloading these protected videos, but those suggested in this article downloads your TikTok video without the watermark on it – the TikTok logo with the creator’s username name.
1. Snaptik. app
This TikTok video download platform helps you to download protected TikTok videos without the watermark in HQ quality.
Features Of Snaptik
- Removes watermark from the videos
- Download musically videos and protected ones too.
- It is free and doesn’t necessarily demand you to install the app. You can run it on any browser.
How To Download TikTok Videos With Snaptik.
1. Look for the video you want to download and tap on it to start playing.
2. Tap on the Share button.
3. Choose copy link among the pop up action menu that will pop.
4. Your video link will be copied and already on the clipboard
5. You go back to snaptik.app and paste the link in the space provided and hit download.
6. Wait for your video to download and voila you have your video without the watermark of the original owner.
This is another TikTok video download platform and app that gives you watermark-free videos in HQ quality even if it is protected.
Features Of TikMate
- Watermark free videos from public and protected accounts
- Works on iOS, Mac OS, Linux, Windows, and Android.
- Easy, fast, and free.
How To Download TikTok Videos With TikMate.
1. Locate your TikTok video and tap it to play.
2. Tap the Share button
3. Tap on Copy Link.
4. Go back to TikMate on any device you are using and paste the link.
5. Click the Download button and proceed by clicking Save Video and that is all. You have your video saved in your preferred folder.